Thursday, April 16, 2009

This is the captain speaking

I am not a big fan of flying. It makes me rather nervous; more nervous, the older I get. When I was younger, I did not think about it much. I think it's related to having more to lose, and my anxiety increased after I met and fell in love with Pete, and now that we have Finn, I can only imagine that flying will continue to freak me out a little bit.

Thank goodness I was not on this plane:

Associated Press: MELBOURNE, Australia - Four baby pythons escaped from a container aboard a passenger plane in Australia, leading to a search that forced the cancellation of two flights, the airline said Thursday.

Not that I am especially afraid of snakes. I'd rather hold a boa than fly on a plane, I think, but baby snakes, loose on a plane? Yeah, that might be alarming were it to squiggle across your foot.

I don't know much about herpetology, but I think that I would be pretty careful when securing my package-o-baby-snakes.

No comments: